Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Couple of Pictures


The first picture is of Lake Mantasoa from the PC Training Center, where I'll be living for a month starting later this week with all the other volunteers in my stage. This is looking to the east, where all the rain comes from.  The second is of me on the trail towards my home-stay (where I've lived for the past 3 weeks). My house is the one behind me on the far left. My room is the upstairs loft. There is electricity but no running water. The well is about 100 meters down the hill. The other two houses behind me are where Gabby and Nick (two other ENV volunteers) live. To my right are mangahazo plants (cassava). Both of these pictures were taken the first weekend I was here. It rained like crazy. Since then, we've had a lot of sunshine, a good bit of rain at night, and just a couple of other rainy days.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for thwe photos James. Great to get a picture in my mind of this country and where you are.. Blessings and Peace Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. James! Thanks for the pictures and the updates! It looks like a huge adventure and so much fun! Hugs and love from Raleigh! Ninh and Garrett say hi too :)

    ReplyDelete